Since it was founded in 1997, Northwest Ohio Community Shares has distributed over $1 million for our member agencies and increased community exposure and funding for local nonprofit organizations through cooperative federation participation. Below are just some examples of what your money can do!
$1 per week ($52/year) provides:
- Two weeks of Summer Enrichment Camp for 2 children.
- Neuter surgery for a small dog awaiting adoption at shelter.
- 156 pounds of garbage removed from an area river or stream by a Clean Your Streams team.
- 20 pairs of socks for a man, woman or child.
$2 per week ($104/year) provides:
- Work clothes and shoes for a previously unemployed homeless person reentering the workforce.
- Food for a baby Eastern Screech Owl to release.
- 52 hot meals for a hungry adult or child.
- Four months’ phone service for shelter residents to make vital phone calls.
$5 per week ($260/year) provides:
- 24-hour staffing for sheltering one victim of human trafficking.
- One teen’s daily expenses for the week-long Great Ohio Bike Adventure with his or her mentor.
- Ten free holistic treatments for a cancer patient in active treatment.
- Funds for seven calls to investigate animal cruelty claims.
$10 per week ($520/year) provides:
- Training for 50 healthcare professionals about LGBT elder discrimination.
- Florida theme-park tickets for a Wish family of four.
- A used stove and refrigerator for a family moving into their own housing.
- Life-saving heartworm treatment for three heartworm-positive dogs.
- 17 hours of preschools arts programs that complement school lesson plans.
- An attorney to help prevent a family of four from being wrongfully evicted.